Are you looking for a way to earn money from your skills? Fiverr is an excellent platform that you can use to do just that.
This easy-to-use online platform allows creators to sign up for free and advertise their services in a wide range of fields.
A few examples include writing blog posts, creating YouTube videos, making company logos, and coming up with marketing strategies.
In order to make the most amount of money on this site, you’ll need to implement a few tips and tricks.
Read on to learn all about how to be successful at Fiverr.
Table of Contents
- Who Created Fiverr?
- Can You Make Good Money on Fiverr?
- Fiverr Success Stories
- What Sells Best on Fiverr?
- How Long Does it Take to be Successful on Fiverr?
- How Can I be a Successful Freelancer on Fiverr?
- How to Work on Fiverr for Beginners
- How to Create a Professional Gig on Fiverr
- How to Get Buyers on Fiverr
- Fiverr Alternative: Sites Like Fiverr
- Fiverr Affiiate Program
- How to Be Successful at Fiverr: In Conclusion
Who Created Fiverr?
Fiverr was first launched back on February 1, 2010 by creators Micha Kaufman and Shai Wininger. The duo wanted to provide a resource that benefited both buyers and sellers of freelancing gigs.
The headquarters for the company are in Tel Aviv, Israeal and the platform serves individuals and companies around the globe. In fact, it can be accessed in seven different languages:
When Kaufman and Wininger started Fiverr, they offered eight service categories. According to Backlinko, the company now has an astounding 500+ service categories.
The company now also has a pro version with 76 service categories.
Can You Make Good Money on Fiverr?
You can absolutely make excellent money advertising your Fiverr jobs. It works well as both a part-time gig and as a place to earn a full-time income.
You have the power to set your price per gig. Gigs can start as low as $5, but there’s no limit as to what you can charge for your services.
When it comes to how to be successful on Fiverr, you should always start out on the lower side to attract customers. Once you build up a reputation and gain testimonials, you can raise your prices.
Customers will pay more for gigs that have excellent testimonials, as that proves the content creator does a great job and delivers work on time.
Fiverr Success Stories
Let’s take a look at a few Fiverr success stories.
Alif started off selling his services on Fiverr as a side hustle, but after just six months, he was able to quit is traditional job and work solely at Fiverr.
This freedom also gave Alif more time to spend with his family. Alif’s gigs include drawing cartoons, creating whiteboard animation and making gifs.
Leanna made $1,000 her first month on Fiverr. She was quickly able to move up to a Top Rated seller earning more than $70,000.
Leanna’s gigs include product photography, pregnancy photoshoots, professional voiceovers and serving as a spokesperson.
One of the keys to Leanna’s success was focusing on quality over how much she was making. As stated earlier, this allows you to create a steller reputation that will bring in future clients who are willing to pay more for your services.
Bobby not only excelled on Fiverr, he was able to use his income to purchase a home! He is able to work on Fiverr as his full-time job.
Bobby’s gigs include creating business cards, designing logos, inventing business flyers and making WordPress websites that stand out and get noticed.
How did Bobby become successful on Fiverr? He focused on customer service. He went above and beyond to satisfy his customers, even the customers that ordered a cheaper gig.
What Sells Best on Fiverr?
You can use Fiverr and make a full-time income in any of the service categories if you take the time to do things right, but here is a list of five popular categories that are known to do quite well.
- Logo Design: Branding is an important part of every business and if you have design skills, you’ll want to consider creating company logos. Logos don’t take much time to create, but they do fetch a nice price if you have a great reputation.
- Social Media Marketing: If you love spending time on Social Media and you know all the ins and outs, you can use your skills to market a company’s products or services to help increase their sales.
- Content Creation: Creating content is quite time consuming, which is why many business owners prefer to source this task. If you are able to create blog content, landing pages, product descriptions, youtube scripts and more, you can earn big on Fiverr.
- Website Design: Do you have a tech background? You can make big bucks designing websites for customers. While many businesses are able to write their own content, they often feel intimidated by setting up a website, which means they’ll turn to you for help.
- Video Creation: Two types of video creation are popular on Fiverr, so if you have the skills, you can create gigs in one or both types. The first is turning a company’s script into a video and adding an AI or a real voiceover. The second is creating a video with yourself as the spokesperson.
How Long Does it Take to be Successful on Fiverr?
When you first get started on Fiverr, you’ll need to have patience. The first few months should be used to build trust and gain testimonials.
Many experienced Fiverr users report that after about 10 5-star ratings, their gigs began to take off.
Once Fiverr sees that customers are happy with the work you’re producing, they’ll start moving you up in the search results, which means more exposure.
You need to look at your gigs on Fiverr as a business. All businesses need time to get going, but once they do, it’s so worth all the hard work.
Remember that success is also different for each person. Certain areas have a lower cost of living, which means less money has to be made to pay the bills.
Determine how much you need to make in order to reach what you believe is success and then make that number your goal. Place the figure on a sticky note on your computer as motivation.
How Can I be a Successful Freelancer on Fiverr?
You’re reading this because you want to learn how to be successful at Fiverr and you need a strategy that works.
Implementing the tips and tricks below is the best way to get noticed and increase your earnings.
- Create an Attractive Profile: Before someone hires you, they will check out your profile. That means you’re profile needs to stand out and impress. Use a real photo and not an avatar or stock image. Highlight all of your strengths and be sure to include any services that you offer that other sellers are lacking. Make sure the profile is 100% complete.
- Focus on Quality Over Quantity: The only way to get 5 stars and testimonials is to deliver high-quality services. Remember that you can always raise your rates later on to make more per hour, but you won’t get recommended to others if you don’t follow through on your promises.
- Deliver Above and Beyond: In addition to high-quality services, consider giving customers something extra with each order. They will be pleasantly surprised and more likely to leave a testimonial and recommend you to others. For example, if you offer video creation services, provide an attractive thumbnail that can be used with the video as a free bonus.
- Price Your Gig Competitively: Search Fiverr and see what other sellers are getting for similar gigs. Then price your gig slightly lower. This will attract customers on the hunt for a good bargain. Again, you can raise the rates later once you’re established.
- Differentiate Yourself From Other Sellers: There are a lot of Fiverr jobs out there, so you need to make sure you stand out. That means using vibrant images and attractive wording. Create a picture of what your customers will be getting, so they will want to click on that buy button.
- Create Multiple Listings: The more listings you have, the more it looks like you have to offer your customers. You can even create a few listings that offer the same services, but simply word them differently. You could also make one listing for one item, such as a logo design, and another listing for a bundle, such as 10 logo designs.
- Respond to Customers Quickly: When a customer sends you a question, make sure you answer it in a timely manner. You may also find it beneficial to thank a customer for their order after it is placed and let them know you’re excited to get working on it. Building a positive customer relationship will result in 5-star ratings and positive testimonials.
- Network and Get the Word Out: Post your Fiverr listings on social media and ask your friends and family to do the same. This will speed up the process and as you have a few sales under your belt, Fiverr will take notice and the algorithm will begin to move your listings up to the first page.
How to Work on Fiverr for Beginners
Once you create your profile and publish your listings, working on Fiverr is a breeze. This is because Fiverr takes care of collecting customer payments and then paying you for the work once it’s turned in and accepted.
Fiverr will notify you when you get an order. How long you have to complete the order is dependent upon what you put in the listing. Always try to deliver the order ahead of the due date.
After you deliver the order, check to see if the customer requires any changes. Revisions are often a part of most services on Fiverr.
Take care of any revision requests right away. Otherwise, you may not get a good rating.
Make sure you thank the customer for the work and let them know you are available for any future projects (repeat customers are the best!)
How to Create a Professional Gig on Fiverr
Creating a professional-looking gig is essential if you want to be successful at Fiverr. To create your gig:
- Come Up With a Catchy Title: Don’t say “I’ll create a logo.” Say something that will grab the customers attention, such as “I’ll create a timeless logo that perfectly represents your brand.” It’s recommended that you stay within 30 to 50 characters and that you incorporate a main keyword.
- Select Relevant Categories: Choosing a category that doesn’t fit your niche won’t help you. Stick to choosing categories that represent your service.
- Create an Attention Grabbing Cover Photo: Buyers will glance over a boring cover photo every time. Take the time to make yours stand out from other sellers in your niche.
- Include a Gig Gallery: A gig gallery shows what you are capable of. If you’re advertising logo design services, customers will want to see what you’ve already created to determine whether you have talent or not. Take the time to create a batch of gallery photos that display your capabilities.
- Make a Video: Make your gig more attractive by including a video. The video can be as simple as a review of the items in your photo gallery. If you aren’t skilled at creating videos, that’s no problem. You can order a quick video from another Fiverr seller for a few dollars.
- Get Detailed About Your Description: Include as much detail as you possibly can in the description section, so that buyers are fully aware of what they’re getting. Make sure you use the main keyword in the description and that you list any FAQs that a buyer would ask.
- Choose Your Tags: Fiverr allows sellers to add up to five tags per listing. You want to use tags that are keywords that buyers are searching for, so take a little bit of time to do some research. Include the most searched for keywords that represent your services.
- Select Your Delivery Time: The faster you can deliver on an order, the better. You want to be careful when setting up a delivery time, however, as Fiverr will penalize you if you’re late. Determine how long it takes to complete the task and when you can fit it into your schedule and then set your delivery time. There’s also the option to add a faster delivery time for more $$$.
How to Get Buyers on Fiverr
The best way to get buyers on Fiverr is to optimize your listings and make your gigs stand out from other sellers.
To get Fiverr to take notice of your gigs, advertise them on social media. Ask friends and family to help spread the word.
You’ll get more buyers once you have a few orders under your belt and a history of 5-star ratings. This not only attracts buyers, but let’s Fiverr know you are worth promoting.
Fiverr Alternative: Sites Like Fiverr
If you don’t feel that Fiverr is a good fit, there are a few alternatives you can go with instead.
Upwork is another platform for freelancers. Instead of posting your gig, however, you’ll search for available jobs.
Once you find a job that matches your skill level, you can bid on it. If your bid is accepted, you can complete the work and turn it in for pay.
It’s important to note that you may end up spending a great deal of time submitting bids and not getting any gigs. At least with Fiverr, you set up your account and then wait for customers to come to you. No time wasted.
Upwork takes a cut of your pay. You can deduct this fee on your taxes at the end of the year, but it is often a deterrent for many freelancers.
With Wealthy Affiliate, you’ll be able to create your own website, where yu can list your services. You’ll have more control and you won’t have to give a cut of your profits to anyone.
You’ll also have the option of adding a blog to your website. On the blog you can talk about your niche to provide your customers with more information.
So, if you offer logo design services, you could have articles on your blog that discuss the importance of having a logo, the power of color in design, or how to build a brand for your company.
Wealthy Affiliate offers training videos and unlimited community support. Everything you need to succeed is provided!
You can give Wealthy Affiliate a try for free (no credit card required). This is the best way to test out whether Wealthy Affiliate is right for your business.
Fiverr Affiiate Program
Another way to earn money on Fiverr is to join their affiliate program.
With the affiliate program, you can drive traffic to the site and earn on any purchases made by the buyer.
You can also promote:
- Fiverr Pro
- Fiverr Business
- Fiverr Learn
- Fiverr Workspace
How to Be Successful at Fiverr: In Conclusion
As you can see, Fiverr can be a lucrative place to earn a part or full-time income. You’ll need to put in the work in the beginning to build up your reputation.
Once you’re an established freelancer with 5-star ratings and reviews that sing your praises, you’ll be able to reach more customers without any additional work.
Fiverr may even invite you to their Pro platform, where you can charge more for your services.
If your business grows to more work than you can handle, you can hire your own freelancers to take on the overflow. If you receive $100 from the buyer, you could pay the freelancer $70 and keep $30 for yourself.
There really is no limit to what you can earn if you are willing to work hard and build your business.